Thursday, February 09, 2012

Syncretism and sin.

Last week I was talking to my brother in law who is one of these laid-back people who thinks all religions are okay and ultimately lead to the creator and all problems are caused by those who insist that one particular "religion" is the truth.


He also has the answer to world peace - that if everyone put down their weapons and hatred as he has done, all war and conflict would end.

Unfortunately for his point of view, there are too many people of different “faiths” who (rightly) recognise that all religions can't be equally valid when there are so many blatant contradictions between them, and some of those people are all too willing to (wrongly) promote their cause with bullets and bombs.

As I once heard - all religions could be wrong - but it’s impossible for all religions to be right.

My brother in law’s attitude demonstrates the very nature of sin.

He may not be a murderer, a thief, a liar, a cheat etc. - but he HAS chosen his own way above God's ways.

Even if man could live a perfectly MORAL life - that life would still be sin-ridden if God was not given His rightful place within it.

1 comment:

Frank E. Blasi said...

This reminds me of John Lennon's song "Imagine" in which he gives an utopian world where there is "no heaven, no hell, no religion too".
I guess the likes of Richard Dawkins has taken Lennon's song seriously enough to write a book based on it: The God Delusion.

BTW I'm sorry that you have had difficulty accessing this site. But I'm glad you have got through with this article. I enjoy reading your blogs. Keep posting and don't lose heart. If you have further trouble, why not contact the site admin?
All the best,
Frank